The word yoga means “to join or yoke together” and combines the practice of movement, breath work, and meditation. High Places Yoga centers these three things around Christ and focuses on filling our minds with the truth of God’s word. As Christians, we recognize that God created our bodies, God Created breath, and God calls us to meditate on His Word day and night.
Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.Joshua 1:8
All three components of yoga are combining what God created to glorify and honor Him. In Luke 10:27, Jesus calls us to “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind.” And Acts 17:28 says, “For in him we live and move and have our being.”
Benefits of Yoga
Have you ever felt held back from your full body potential? Many people today experience a disconnection within their body. Stress, anxiety, brain fog, muscle and joint pain, chronic disease, and poor metabolism are just a few symptoms that result from disconnection. The regular practice of yoga can help your body function better. As a result you will become healthier in body, mind and spirit.
Health Benefit Highlights:
- Reduction in the catabolic process of cell deterioration which helps to slow down the aging process
- Improved muscle tone, flexibility, strength, and stamina
- Prevents cartilage and joint breakdown
- Enhances balance and coordination and improves reaction time
- Reduced tension and stress
- Calmed mind
- Higher self-esteem
- Deeper sense of purpose
- Improved concentration
- Greater creativity
- Improved blood circulation
- Stimulated immune system
- Improved asthma
- Treatment and prevention of high blood pressure
- Aiding in relaxation and pain management
- Help in weight management and reduction in anxious eating
- Improved mental clarity, calmness, and body awareness
- Improved mood
- Deepens sleep
High Places Yoga seeks to increase health of mind, body and spirit while consciously seeking a deeper relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
Through a regular Christ-centered yoga practice, balance in body, mind and spirit is extended from the class into our everyday lives. And we bring a healthier Christ-focused balance into our homes, families, work and communities. We become the hands and feet of Jesus.